Sprouts salad recipe:
This Sprouts Salad recipe is a healthy recipe made from sprouts, pomegranate, onion, mint and any other herbs of your choice.
The best thing about this salad recipes that it is not only healthy but also quite delightful. It will be equally liked by both adults and kids, even my husband who is not a great fan of salads digs into this salad.
It has the freshness of the sprouts, mint and the juiciness of pomegranate. The herbs bring out the flavors in the salad and the zing of lemon juice at the end adds a nice touch to the salad.
You can have the salad as a meal if you are on a diet as it is a complete package of fiber, protein, carbohydrate and antioxidants. The sprouts are the source of protein and fiber, the pomegranate is a source of healthy carbs, the fresh herbs and lemon juice are the source of antioxidants making this salad super healthy and donot forget the taste factor added by these super ingredients.
Prep time: 20 min Serves: 4
Moongdal Sprouts/ mixed sprouts : 1 cup
Pomegranate seeds: ½ cup
Mint leaves: handful
Dried herbs/ oregano: 1 tsp
Salt: pinch/ as desired
Chilli flakes: 1 tsp
- In a mixing bowl, take the sprouts and add finely chopped onion.
- Add the pomegranate seeds to the bowl.
- Now, put in the chopped mint leaves, dry herbs or oregano and lemon juice into the bowl.
- Season the salad with salt and chilli flakes.
- To make the sprouts, soak the whole Mung daal or the sprouts mix in water overnight.
- Put them in a muslin cloth and leave them for 12-18 hours (it is better to leave them overnight).
- Season the salad with any herbs of your choice like coriander etc.
- You can also add finely chopped apple or cucumber to make a different version of the recipe.
- Adding a tiny piece of freshly grated ginger to the salad improves its flavor.