This Sabudana Dosa, an Indian breakfast recipe is one of my favorite breakfast recipes. It is easy to make, healthy and a great way to include sabudana in your diet. The only preparation needed is to soak the sabudana overnight. The Sabudana Dosa makes a light breakfast with good nutritive value.
Sabudana: 1 cup
Jowar flour: 1 cup
Ragi flour: ½ cup
Salt: as per taste
Jeera: 1 tsp
Buttermilk: ½ cup
- Soak the sabudana in the buttermilk, add more water if needed to properly soak the sabudana.
- Leave the sabudana to soak overnight.
- Add the jowar flour and mix properly.
- Now add the ragi flour little by little and see that the flour is completely dissolved in the mix.
- Then, add the jeera and salt.
- Now, mix well and pour the mix on the tawa like you do for the rava dosa.
- Your nutritious dosa is ready.
- You can find the peanut chutney in my Ponganalu recipe.
- Substitute the jowar flour and ragi flour with rice flour.
- Put the soaked sabudana in the fridge overnight to avoid oversoaking.
- Adjust the water to make the mix to a pouring consistency.
- Serve the dosa with coconut chutney or tomato chutney.
Recipe for coconut chutney:
Coconut pieces (fresh) : half cup
Green chillies: 4-5
Roasted chana dal: 1/4 cup
Jeera: 1 tsp
Tamarind: little piece
coriander/ mint/ curry leaves: handful
- Take a little oil in a pan and heat it.
- Add in the green chillies, after sometime, add in the fresh coconut pieces.
- Heat the coconut for 2-4 minutes just to take away the raw smell.
- Let it cool.
- After the mixture cools, blend it in a mixer with all the remaining ingredients till the chutney gains a smooth consistency.
- Add tempering to the chutney and serve.
- Adding tempering to the chutney: Take 2 tablespoons of oil in a pan and heat it. Add mustard seeds, jeera , chana dal, curry leaves and roast them for 2 min. Add this to the chutney to make it even more tastier.
- Skip this step ( I usually don’t add any tempering to my chutney’s, I add in more coriander or curry leaves to improve the flavor) if you are a foodie with a healthy side to you.