Pasta with tomato sauce:
This is a pasta with tomato sauce uses tomato sauce as a base. I usually cook by adding in some vegetables like sweetcorn, capsicum and carrot to make healthier. A dash of herbs like oregano or dried herbs makes this pasta with tomato sauce more flavorsome. Cook this dish for the kids with a good topping of grated cheese. I make this pasta when my daughter has her friends over to our house for get together parties and all the kids love it.
Pasta: 1 cup
Oregano/dried herbs: 1 tsp
Garlic: 2 cloves
Tomato ketchup: 1 tbsp
Chilli flakes: 1 tsp
Pepper: ½ tsp
Olive oil: 1-2 tbsp
Cheddar/mozzarella cheese: as required
- Cook the pasta in enough water.
- Cook the vegetables in the oven or in a pan. Don’t overcook the vegetables.
- For the tomato sauce: Blanch the tomatoes in hot water. Remove the peel from the tomatoes and make a smooth paste with garlic. Put the puree in a pan, add in a tbsp. of tomato ketchup, a tsp of chilli flakes, a pinch of salt and cook till the sauce gets together.
- Add the pasta to the sauce, add in the vegetables, mixed herbs, pepper and let them cook for a few minutes to incorporate the flavors.
- Serve the pasta with the grated cheese and a dash of olive oil on top.
- One easy tip to cook the pasta the Indian way is to put it in a pressure cooker along with water just enough to immerse the pasta.
- Add a pinch of salt and a few drops of oil to the water and let the pasta cook for 3 whistles.
- Always add pasta to the sauce, never the sauce to the pasta. It is the golden rule of cooking pasta.
- Adding cheese while making the tomato sauce base makes the sauce even more rich.