Double chocolate chip cookies:
These double chocolate chip cookies are for the chocolate lovers. Although this is a kid’s recipe, I think adults with a sweet tooth will love this equally. They are good for the snack box and you are making them at home, so, a lot healthier than the shop bought cookies. Substitute the plain flour with wheat flour to make them healthier.
You can use chopped nuts like walnuts, almonds and add them to the batter to increase the flavor and add nuttiness to the dish. Doing this also helps to add more nutrition to the cookie. Serve these Double Chocolate Chip Cookies to the kids who visit your home with a glass of warm chocolate milk and they will want to come over again and again.
Sugar (powdered):200 g
Vanilla essence: 1 tsp
Plain flour: 225 g
White chocolate chips: 115 g
Plain chocolate chips: 115 g
Baking soda: 1 tsp
- Place the butter, sugar, vanilla essence in a large bowl and beat together. Gradually beat in the egg until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Sift the flour, salt and baking soda over the mixture and fold in. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Drop big spoonfuls of this mixture, spaced apart onto a greased baking sheet.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees centigrade for 10-12 minutes.
- Cool on baking sheets for 2-5 minutes before taking them out.
- As I have said before you can substitute half or the whole plain flour with wheat flour.
- Use cinnamon powder instead of the vanilla essence, it will add a nutty flavor to the cookies.
- Add in a chopped toasted nuts if you want.
- Serve the cookies with a glass of warm milk to the kids for a special evening snack.